Matthew Wilson, DPM, FACFAS
Fellowship Trained in Foot and Ankle Reconstruction
Matthew Wilson, DPM, FACFASRequest An
Dr. Wilson is a fellowship-trained, board qualified foot & ankle surgeon that specializes in advanced foot and ankle reconstruction, sports medicine, arthroscopy, primary and revision total ankle replacement, and trauma.
Dr. Wilson completed a comprehensive surgical residency program at OhioHealth Grant Medical Center, a Level-1 trauma center, in Columbus, OH. During his residency, Dr. Wilson’s training involved several rotations with both the Grant Medical Center Orthopedic Trauma Fellowship and Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Center in Westerville, OH. It is here that he had the opportunity to work closely with several of the most reputable surgeons in the orthopedic and podiatric foot and ankle community.
Dr. Wilson completed his fellowship training in advanced foot and ankle reconstruction at The CORE Institute in Phoenix, AZ. This is a high-volume surgical fellowship with emphasis on total ankle replacement, trauma, complex reconstruction, sports medicine and arthroscopy. Throughout his training, Dr. Wilson was actively involved in research and education with nationally-renowned surgeons at the forefront of implant design and innovation.
Dr. Wilson believes in strong communication with his patients to help them fully understand the diagnosis, up-to-date treatment options, and recovery process. He is a devoted patient advocate and is focused on treating all patients as he would a member of his own family. He takes great pride in helping his patients recover from their foot and ankle problems to achieve their optimal level of physical health and function.
Dr. Wilson specializes in the treatment of a variety of foot and ankle conditions and performs several procedures including:
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy
- Primary and Revision Total Ankle Replacement
- Undergraduate: Bachelors of Science in Integrative Physiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Medical: Des Moines University, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines, IA
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Residency: PMSR-RR A OhioHealth Grant Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Fellowship: The CORE Institute, Center for Orthopedics Research and Education, Phoenix, AZ
- 2020-Present Associate, American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedics & Medicine
- 2016-Present Post-Graduate Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- 2016-Present Associate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- 2016-2019 Member, Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association
- 2012-2016 Member, Iowa Podiatric Medical Students Association
- 2016-2020 Annual Scientific Conference, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- 2020 Wright Medical Foot and Ankle Fellows Course, Memphis, TN
- 2020 Stryker Foot and Ankle Fellows Course, Tampa, FL
- 2019 Board Qualified in Foot Surgery, Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- 2019 Medline UNITE Fellows & Young Surgeons Course, Chicago, IL
- 2019, 2018 Annual Foot and Ankle Scientific Seminar, OHFAMA, Columbus, OH
- 2018 Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy Surgical Skills Course, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, Chicago, IL
- 2018, 2017 Advanced Surgical Course, American Academy of Foot and Ankle Osteosynthesis, Smith & Nephew, Dallas, TX
- 2018, 2017 Current Concepts in Foot and Ankle Surgery Symposium, Columbus, OH
- 2013-2016 Passed, National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part I, II, III